Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Three three three days in one!

After more thunderstorms overnight which don't even bother me any more, the first thing today, there were more hills...



But it was worth it....




Then there was the fastest and longest and most exhilarating downhill yet (no picture of that) into Hager City, WI followed by another crossing off the Mississippi into Red Wing, MN, which is quite the little metropolis with a lovely downtown.



The only bad part was another chain break on the way out of town, but I fixed it and only got rained on a little bit while making the repair.

I soon forgot my troubles once I started riding on the Cannon Valley Trail, an amazing twenty-mile paved trail through a magical woods along the Cannon River. It was so beautiful that I barely noticed that it was of course uphill all the way! And more rain showers throughout the afternoon!





58 miles today.... I think that's the most so far. Looking forward to some rest time at Cathy and Jeff's!

posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

  1. Andre, well I have been trying to make comments,but you know me and technology.
    Don't know if any went thru, am trying again. Just LOVE the photos and sharing this wonderful adventure with you. Take care and God speed. John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Andre. Photos look terrific. Happy trails as you head north and west. Looks to me that you are on schedule and ready for the major biking ahead. Jim

    ReplyDelete