Sunday, August 23, 2015

Wildlife Gone Wild!

I hit a coverage pocket near Grand Lake halfway through my 5-day backcountry backpacking trip in Rocky Mountain National Park. The highlights of the first couple of days have been the wildlife sightings.

Yesterday morning I saw two male elk rubbing the velvet off their horns. At first I thought thought the elk was caught in a tree with the branches tangled into the rack LOL. They did this for about half an hour.... but I didn't get any really good pictures because the trees were so dense I was afraid to get closer enough to have a clear photo. I got a decent shot after they were resting later on.



Yesterday evening and this morning I saw numerous moose. Two of them (a mama and a baby) decided they would walk right through my campsite this morning so close that I retreated back a little ways from my pack that I was on the process of loading up.





Besides the wildlife, of course the scenery has also been beautiful.








posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment