Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Updated itinerary page; now in Montana

The itinerary page had been updated to include my revised route to Billings, adding a detour to Fort Peck since I had some extra time. There is also another new map at the bottom of the itinerary page which shows where I'm going after Billings until central Wyoming at least, which is as far as my detailed plans go.

The past couple of days I've ridden some miles on the interstate, which is what is done out here because sometimes there is literally no other road that goes where you want to go. As scary as it sounds, it really feels reasonably safesafer than plenty of roads over ridden on in Chicago!wide shoulders and not too much traffic. It's just a really nice 4-lane divided highway.

Last night I stayed in a sketchy-looking campground, but the owner was really nice and there was a nice shower and even laundry there. It turned out to be a comfortable place. Tonight I'm staying indoors with a very nice couple who are warmshowers.org hosts. They're also hosting another guy who's going west to east so it was good to get some intel on what lies in store for me next.

The weather has been perfect and the landscape is about the same as the past few days, so, really enjoyable but nothing particularly new to show in photographs.




posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment