Thursday, July 30, 2015

Getting high....

... and I'm not even in Colorado yet! 9033 feet high to be exact, after a 5,000+ climb yesterday. The ascent was really not at all unpleasant ... that's making me feel good about the many big climbs ahead of me. And the descent today was incredible! ... I made a video of that which I will post when I get some Wi-Fi.

Warmshowers host Blaise (in picture below) was a lifesaver in Cody while my bicycle was being repaired. Rick and Brian at the shop were awesome too, and Birdie (that's the bicycle's name) has never ridden any better than she does now! Thanks to all of them!









posted from Bloggeroid

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your back on the road again. You do look refreshed. Safe journey
    Love the waterfall picture and you will have many repeats here in Estes Park

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the waterfall picture and got your email re route options for your hike.. EP is about 7600 Ft plus so you are doing well. at altitude you are at. Looking forward to your arrival in EP. Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling pretty good about altitude and exertion at altitude. I haven't even had headaches or even really noticeable shortness of breath anymore even while pedaling uphill at 9,000+ feet. I'm making a point to do a bit more walking in addition to bicycling so that I'll have those walking leg muscles at least not completely atrophied!

      Delete