Sunday, July 26, 2015

Back in the Saddle!

I'm back on the road, but not without complications....  a flat tire and check out this picture (hint: the pedals are supposed to be *opposite* each other!):

I'm pretty sure the bicycle shop where I left my bike while with my brother did a very sloppy job in various ways, and now I am suffering the consequences.  We'll see if they make it right (i.e. at this point all they can do is give me a refund since I'm 130 miles down the road) before I start naming names and posting blistering reviews.  At least I made it to Cody safely and will be able to take it into a shop here tomorrow to get it fixed and checked out.

On the upside, I had a lovely visit with Paul Tackes (my canoeing friend that I met in MN) at his cabin in Red Lodge, MT last night.
View from the cabin ... Wow!

Getting ready to get on the bike this morning
 The scenery has definitely taken a turn for the better, but I can certainly feel the altitude (over 5,000 feet part of the day yesterday and pretty much all day today) as I breathe the thin, dry air.


1 comment:

  1. Good morning. you have hit high elevations for sure so drink a lot of water also, If still in Cody please take a picture for me. I was at Ponderosa this morning and talked to Seth. Seth will call me when your Amazon and REI shipments arrive and I will pick them up and have them at my condo. Happy trails Jim

    ReplyDelete