Monday, June 22, 2015

The End of the Mississippi

After following the Mississippi most of the day today and crossing it several times (it is very small up here!), I turned straight north towards the end of the day.



The most interesting part of today was riding for probably about half a mile on a rickety boardwalk over a marsh.



A late lunch at Daddy O's in Elk River was the kitschiest part of the trip so far, but the locally-made root beer was truly good.



As I write this in my tent, I'm hearing a lot more animal noises in the night tonight than ever before.... hmmmm.... it is strange!

posted from Bloggeroid

4 comments:

  1. Andre, do you mean more animal noises than you might have heard on Rosemont in the city?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!--I thought nature would be quiet but there are quite often lots of coyotes howling (or maybe even wolves--they have them up here), not to mention things rustling around which I don't know exactly what they are hopefully just squirrels and such LOL!

      Delete
    2. Yes!--I thought nature would be quiet but there are quite often lots of coyotes howling (or maybe even wolves--they have them up here), not to mention things rustling around which I don't know exactly what they are hopefully just squirrels and such LOL!

      Delete
  2. Hi Andre! Well I see you are still alive and well! Sounds as thought you had a lovely visit with you sister and friends! Plus having a nice well deserved rest! Now that you will hitting the Plaines on your adjusted route you can ask youself just how in the hell did the pioneers do with no roads or paths to follow. Also do you feel you body getting stronger and harder and used to the elements?
    I am following your route pretty much on my map at home>>>and sort-of feel like I am on a trip myself>but with all the comforts of home. This is great and I hope you are mostly having a great time. I am sure there must be some tough time but I know your tough.. God speed someone said! Wonder who the hell said that? Oh and I know that the mosquitoes are so big up> I hear they can actually get together and pick up a person..>>take care and ride the bike , your best friend! Jim

    ReplyDelete