Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Lovely Day on the Paul Bunyan Trail

The Paul Bunyan Trail is the best bicycle trail I've been on so far.... smooth paved, well-marked, and with little towns spaced about every 10 miles or so along it. And the weather was perfect, too. And I met four or five different friendly people to just chat with while riding or at the little bicycle rest stops in these towns. All in all very pleasant in every way and I would absolutely recommend this area to anyone planning a bicycle vacation. Tonight I'm camping on the banks of the Mississippi, just south of Pine River, MN. The river at this point is quite small .... I could possibly wade across it or maybe swim one or two strokes. Mosquitos (and ticks) continue to be a bother, but I think that's built in to camping!





posted from Bloggeroid

7 comments:

  1. Hey looking good Andre! Glad your having a nice stretch of riding along the trail and meeting some nice people along the way........ I am following your map and blog! JIm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following along Jim (and for letting me know you are)--it's kind of a pain to do the blog posts at night when I am tired, but when someone comments at least I know somebody is looking at them LOL. Now that my path has put me on a route that is on one of the Adventure Cycling Association's transcontinental routes, I'm meeting all kinds of other bicyclists who are making similar long trips, and it is really fun to chat with them!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for following along Jim (and for letting me know you are)--it's kind of a pain to do the blog posts at night when I am tired, but when someone comments at least I know somebody is looking at them LOL. Now that my path has put me on a route that is on one of the Adventure Cycling Association's transcontinental routes, I'm meeting all kinds of other bicyclists who are making similar long trips, and it is really fun to chat with them!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Andre! Good to see your trip is progressing smoothly. It was a treat to meet you and share a meal with you. Cathi and Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathi, it was really fun to meet you too, and the trip is continuing to go well. I'm wishing there was an Olive Garden out here somewhere where I am now in the Eastern Montana land of hamburgers (in bars) and couscous (at my campsite) and Bud Light cans (on the roadside--must be the official beer of litterbugs) LOL!!!

      Delete
    2. Hi Cathi, it was really fun to meet you too, and the trip is continuing to go well. I'm wishing there was an Olive Garden out here somewhere where I am now in the Eastern Montana land of hamburgers (in bars) and couscous (at my campsite) and Bud Light cans (on the roadside--must be the official beer of litterbugs) LOL!!!

      Delete
  3. Andre, you need to know I also am following your blog and enjoying all the photos.
    Am here in Estes Park waiting to cheer you across the finish line !

    ReplyDelete