Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th!

People have been asking how far I have traveled so far, so I added it up....  I crossed over the 1,000 mile mark several days ago, so as of this writing am at about 1,200.  In Bismarck yesterday, I had to have a new tire put on my rear wheel because the tire was actually worn out!--all the extra weight must cause extra wear on the tire.

North Dakota continues to be really much nicer than I was expecting.  I seem to love the desolate Western landscape:

Note: this is the actual road I took to get to my campsite!

 

Tonight I am staying at the rather secluded Storm Creek Game Management Area tonight because most of the "regular" campgrounds were full of holiday types so there were no sites available to reserve.  There is no water or electricity here, but it is beautiful and has relatively few mosquitoes and no partying, firecracker-exploding yahoos in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment